1. Joe Schuster and Jerry Siegel created the famous comic hero Superman in Cleveland, where they were born.
2. Cleveland is home of the Cleveland Clinic which was ranked as the best known Heart Center in the country and is also among the top ten hospitals in the nation. People come from around the world to the Cleveland Clinic.
3. Jesse Owens, who won four gold medals in the 1936 Berlin Olympics, was from Cleveland.
4. Cleveland’s Playhouse Square Center is the second largest performing arts venue in the United States.
5. Cleveland is the home of the first traffic light. The first one was put into effect on August 5th, 1914.
6. Cleveland is the home of Ohio’s first newspaper, The Plain Dealer and Ohio’s first TV station, WEWS-TV.
Bonus Fact: Cleveland is the reason I’m cool ;)